2nd ICRS Summit Zermatt, CH
We cordially invite ICRS members to apply for the opportunity of becoming a delegate and participant at the 2nd ICRS Summit Meeting
We cordially invite ICRS members to apply for the opportunity of becoming a delegate and participant at the 2nd ICRS Summit Meeting, which will be held in Zermatt, at 5300 ft. height, the most charming car free alpine mountain village with its iconic Matterhorn Mountain. It is myth and emblem for Alpinists and visitors alike, as well as Switzerland’s most famous landmark and symbol – Zermatt.
This will be an exclusive meeting with world-class speakers and intensive discussion designed to move the field forward in a new directions. Delegates will need to compete for the chance to attend as there will only be 50 places available (15 scientists, 15 clinicians, 15 industrial executives and 5 trainees). The registration fee for trainees will be subsidised as they will be provided with a travel bursary.
2nd ICRS Summit 2015 – “The Aging Cartilage”
Alexander Seiler Convention Center, Zermatt – Switzerland
(Organized by Chris Erggelet, Mats Brittberg & Anthony Hollander)
Resume: The second ICRS Summit, held in the beautiful ski resort of Zermatt, Switzerland, brought together 26 faculty and over 60 clinicians, scientists, students and industry experts to focus on the aging cartilage. With ‘Summit’ being quite literal, thanks to the Swiss Alps and the famous Matterhorn peak (reaching nearly 4,500 m), the programme, arranged over two days and 10 modules, featured presentations from leading experts in their field. With an emphasis on challenging horizons rather than reviewing the current state of the art, the intention of the meeting was to reach a consensus on what scientific, clinical and industrial work will need to be done if we are to make advances in providing new therapies for the treatment of cartilage lesions in older patients. At all times there was an emphasis on stimulating discussion, with many questions and even more hypotheses being raised following each presentation. And, as those in attendance will testify, this open discussion stretched right into the evening’s social programme, and no doubt onto the slopes afterwards! Overall, the two-day programme left attendees with many new questions, research directions and future explorations, therefore reaching its goal! With this in mind, we would like to personally thank all attendees for a truly ‘elevating’ Summit meeting, and we look forward to welcoming you next time.
- Thank you for allowing me to take part in the 2nd ICRS Summit and I am very appreciative for your support in affording me to opportunity to attend as a graduate student. The meeting was truly stimulating and I learned a great deal from many giants in the field, Chris Murawski, USA
- Stephan, I wanted to thank you so much for the great time we had in Zermatt. What an amazing place!!. We loved it and, besides the scientific content, skiing on the mountains was amazing. Thanks again, the Seiler hotels are truly outstanding, you must be very proud. Daniel Grande, USA
- Wanted to thank you so much for the great organization of the conference. Thanks for the warm and welcoming atmosphere everywhere! I really had a great time 🙂 Nogah Shabshin, Israel
At home and digesting the formidable meeting in Zermatt. I want to extend my great gratitude for having had the chance to participate. Both organisation and content of the meeting was perfect, and I realize that this was much your effort. Leif Ryd, Sweden
- I would like to take my time to thank you all again for the invitation and for having set up such a marvellous meeting. True a ’Summit’. The content of the meeting as well as all the organization around it (Accommodation, lunches, dinners) were of outstanding quality. ICRS can be proud of all of you and ICRS will have a bright future. I enjoyed talking to many participants, physicians and scientists. A true interchange of knowledge was possible. Nik Friederich, Switzerland
I wanted to personally let you know that I thought the organization and accommodations for the meeting were truly outstanding.
- Congratulations on conducting such a successful meeting. Peter Bak, Sanofi, USA
- Thank you very much for your personal attention and personal touch you have as well as for a great meeting last week. By far, it was one of the best trips I had ever had. Susan Chubinskaya, USA
We cordially invite ICRS…