Call for New Committee Members: 2016-2018 Election
All ICRS members are invited to consider nominating themselves to join one of the standing committees.
It is our pleasure to invite all eligible ICRS members to consider nominating themselves to join one of the Standing Committees. According to the ICRS Bylaws, the Committee Chairs will be members of the General Board and will therefore be eligible to stand for election as Officers of the Society in the future. Election as a new Committee member now will therefore pave the way for a possible future role as Committee Chair or Executive Officer of ICRS. We are very keen to bring in new and motivated members who have not previously participated in committees. Moreover, we are particularly keen to receive applications from laboratory-based scientists, whose contribution is very important for the activity of ICRS.
Before nominating yourself, you should make sure you are eligible. The criteria for members to be eligible are:
- You should have been fully paid members of ICRS for at least one calendar year before the date of the election.
- You should have served no more than 1 Term of office on that committee previously.
- You must commit to attending the 13th ICRS World Congress and the General Assembly in Sorrento where results will be announced
- You have read and agreed with the “Guideline for ICRS Committees & Board Members”
- You must be able to dedicate enough time to engage with the respective committee members, chairs and the executive office for the related tasks and responsibilities.
The Election Process
The election procedure will be conducted under our By-Laws and following the current guidelines, new Committee Chairs were elected or appointed and now we call for eligible ICRS members to nominate themselves for vacancies. All committee positions are open for election (existing members who wish to serve a second term will have to stand for election). Details of committees and vacant positions for clinicians, scientists and industry representatives are provided below. Those who interested in one of these positions should complete the online nomination form by midnight CEST (Central European Time) on Sunday 06 August 2016.
Standing Committees & Vacancies
Each committee has a minimum and maximum number of members and for each one it is our intention to achieve a balance between clinical and scientific members (and industry members in some committees). The table below provides a summary of the current vacancies. For more information of each committee, you may read more by clicking the committee names.
Those who interested in one of these positions should complete the online nomination form by midnight CEST (Central European Time) on Sunday 06 August 2016. Looking forward to receiving your applications.
ICRS Secretary General 2015-2016
All ICRS members are…