The objectives of this programme are to provide young postdoctoral scientists with an opportunity for international exchange in a stimulating environment and to gain exposure to high quality basic research in laboratories that are world famous for their work in orthopedic tissue regeneration. Selected as potential leaders in the field of cartilage regeneration and repair, fellows will be accompanied on a approx. 10 day-tour to New York, Boston and Toronto led by distinguished and experienced Dr. Susan Chubinskaya from Rush University who will act as a mentor throughout the trip. The Fellowship Programme ends with attending the ICRS World Congress in Vancouver. The Fellows will be selected in open competition by an expert panel established through ON and the ICRS.
City 1: HSS New York with Joseph Lane, Scott Rodeo and Susanne Maher
City 2: BWH/MGH/Harvard/MIT Boston with Myron Spector, Christian Latterman, Jeff Karp, James Kang, Mitchel Harris
City 3: Mount Sinai Hospital and Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute in Toronto with Rita Kandel and Mark Hurtig
City 4: Vancouver, Canada, ICRS World Congress
- Candidates must be ICRS Members in good standing
- Scientists with completed PhD or MD, below age of 40 with a detected research interest in cartilage repair and regeneration
- Candidates must have a strong publication record in cartilage repair and regeneration
- Candidates must not have benefited previously from any ICRS Fellowship programme or similar ON programmes
- Candidates must be fluent in English (the entire programme will be held in English)
Vacancies: 3-4 Candidates will be selected
Application: The next Fellowship programme will visit laboratories in North-America, winding up at the ICRS 2019 Vancouver
Tour Dates: The tour starts mid of September – October 8. (includes 15th ICRS World Congress in Vancouver from Oct. 5-8, 2019).
Application Deadline: May 15, 2019 (applications after the deadline will not be considered)
Please apply online through: www.my.on-foundation.org
- Letter of motivation with career goals
- Brief CV (not more than 2 pages), incl. information on date of birth, current and past affiliation, degrees, awards, and research interests
- List of publications of last 3 years with titles and journal references
- Accepted Abstract for ICRS 2019 Vancouver
- Reference letter from head of department supporting your application
- Copy of passport and specialist certification
Condition: You provide a photo-story of your trip with the regeneration highlights (approx. 6’000 characters; you document the trip with photo-posts on Social Media).
Brought to you by:
Application will be received: until April 30, 2019