ICRS Webinar Series 2021
Short 60 to 90 min Zoom-based sessions on Cartilage- & Joint Preservation hot topics, between April – September 2021. Registration for the ICRS webinars will open 1 month prior to the date of the webinar and is free of charge for all interested participants. Take advantage of these complimentary learning opportunities and spread out the message to your colleagues interested in joint preservation techniques! Registration is required to watch live or on-demand after the event.
Wednesday, April 28 | 16:00 – 17:00 CEST (Find your local time)
Case-Based Roundtable – NextGen Knee Joint Preservation: What’s on the Horizon?
Hosts: Ignacio Dallo (AR), Berardo Di Matteo (IT)
Speakers: Seth L. Sherman (US), Cassandra Lee (US) & Tomasz Piontek (PL)
Description: Participants will be updated on expanding indications and emerging techniques in knee joint preservation. Topics covered will include meniscus repair, cell-based cartilage repair, and knee osteotomy.
- ICRS NextGen mission/vision: Seth L. Sherman (US)
- Case-based presentation by Tomasz Piontek (PL) Expanding Indications for Meniscal Repair (20 minutes)
- Case-based presentation by Cassandra Lee (US) Incorporating MACI into Your Practice (20 minutes)
- Case-based presentation by Seth L. Sherman (US) Early Experience with Patient-Specific Osteotomy (20 minutes)
- To become familiar with evolving indications in the treatment of meniscus tears, cartilage defects, and limb malalignment.
- To demonstrate emerging techniques in meniscus repair, cell based cartilage treatment, and patient specific osteotomy.
Case-Based Roundtable – Managing the Spectrum of Articular Cartilage & Meniscal Deficiency
Host: Brian Cole (US)
Speakers: Brian Cole (US), Jack Farr (US) & Andreas Gomoll (US)
- Case 1 presented by Brian Cole (US): Marrow Stimulation and Revision Treatment (20 minutes)
- Case 2 presented by Jack Farr (US): Managing the Patient with Patellofemoral Articular Cartilage Loss (20 minutes)
- Case 3 presented by Andreas Gomoll (US): Managing the Patient with Articular Cartilage Loss, Malalignment and Meniscal Deficiency (20 minutes)
- Conclusion by Brian Cole (US)
Evidence & Innovation for Scaffold Augmented One-Step Cartilage Repair
Host: Fabio Sciarretta (IT)
Speakers: Justus Gille (DE), Philip Roessler (DE)
- Case 1 presented by (20 minutes)
- Case 2 presented by (20 minutes)
- Case 3 presented by (20 minutes)
Webinar sponsored by
Wednesday, June 9 | 17:00 – 18.00 CEST (Find your local time)
Spend One Hour with ICRS Giant Daniël BF Saris: „Innovation Driven by Patient Needs“
Host: Aaron Krych (US)
Speaker: Daniel Saris (US), ICRS Past President
Description: Patient clinical need can often be the best inspiration for innovation. For treatment of articular cartilage injury, frequently this innovation can be challenging to take from inception to proving the concept in pre-clinical studies, and finally approval for clinical trial. In this session, we will trace the successful journey for single stage surgical treatment of cartilage defects with autologous chondrons and MSCs. We will include lessons learned along the way, and how the process can be synergistically applied to other strategies in joint cartilage and tissue repair and healing.
Wednesday, July 7 | 15:00 – 16:30 CEST (Find your local time)
Cartilage Regeneration on Minced Cartilage Repairs
Hosts: Mats Brittberg (SE) & Gian Salzmann (DE)
Speakers: Christoph Elser (DE), Mats Brittberg (SE) & Gian Salzmann (DE)
- Introduction by Christoph Elser, Arthrex (5 minutes)
- The Chondrocyte: Different Formats for Cartilage Repair by Mats Brittberg (25 minutes)
- AutoCart by Cristoph Elser (25 minutes)
- Minced Cartilage for Cartilage Repair – Operative Technique, Tips and Tricks by Gian Salzmann (25 minutes)
- Discussion, Questions etc. Mats Brittberg, Cristoph Elser & Gian Salzmann (10 minutes)
Webinar sponsored by
Tuesday, September 21 | 15:00 – 16:00 CEST (Find your local time)
Adventures in Joint Preservation: A discussion of Complex Case Studies with Concomitant Procedures to Achieve our best Lasting Results.
Hosts: Tom Minas (US) & Kenneth Zaslav (US)
Wednesday, September 29 | 15:00 – 16:00 CEST (Find your local time)
Imaging in Cartilage Repair: “Music in the Air with AMADEUS and MOCART”
Host: Stefan Marlovits (AT)
Speakers: Stefan Marlovits (AT), Siegfrid Trattnig (AT), Götz Welsch (DE)
The aim of the event is to present the current possibilities of radiological imaging of cartilage and cartilage repair. We present the current technology and the possibilities of scoring: AMADEUS (pre-operative scoring) and MOCART (post-operative scoring).
Understand magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) in cartilage and cartilage repair and to use it correctly in the diagnosis of cartilage damage and the follow-up after cartilage repair.